Monday, November 8, 2010

I Love FOOD!

       I love my bff!!!, moving from North Carolina last year and living on a strict budget has lead him to some of the best and cheapest food spots in the NYC area. Last night I was craving Spanish food and he suggested a small eatery in Queens named Elena's, opened super late to support my after hour craving and serving some of the most flavorul food I have ever tasted.
        My favorite food of all time is soup!, so the sopa de pollo was my first choice. For $6.00 I got a large bowl of perfection. Filled to the brim with chicken, yuca, potatoes,carrots, fresh cilantro and yams I was pretty full but yearned for more. Next was ensalada de aguacate or avocado salad, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers and of course avocado drizzled with homeade vinagrette dressing was amazing but after a few bites I put that aside to enjoy with my main dish. 
         I have come to the clear and obvious conclusion that you cannot mess up shrimp during cooking.  Shrimp is easy and quick to prepare its virtually impossible to destroy it. So I figured when out and about trying new resturants always order the shrimp and you can't be too disappointed. Therefore, I decided on the camarones en salsa de ajo or shrimps in garlic sauce. I chose rice and beans and platanoes as my side dishes. They also served all natural juices so I chose a glass of the body friendly papaya.
      In no time I was served a wonderful filling dish that couldnt be finished because of my large soup intro and I had not spent $20 bucks .( I love having food for the next day:).)  The shrimps were wonderfully seasoned with olives and garlic and the beans served as a gravy for everything I truly enjoyed my meal and even more my money saved. If you are ever in Queens stop by Elena's sit down relax and enjoy the homestyle cooking worth every cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment