Thursday, August 1, 2019

Drinks to order this summer to feel sassy and look classy

Women should not drink Henny! Yea I said it... It is a cognac .Cognac is for old finance tycoons who need help falling asleep or want something strong and stiff in their hand during a meeting with male friends. It is far too strong for a delicate fashionista that you are. 

So what to drink in a club filled with Hennessy and Dusse? Don't fret I am here with a few of my favorite cocktails that will get you a nice gentleman like your father and not a baby father! Because from what I know, no quality man ever said the way she took that henny shot I knew she was a keeper ... I digress.

Here's your way to a classy and sassy evening out that you can remember... Ha!


1. Prosecco and Club soda

Prosecco just sounds bougie. I love it!, such a delicious sparkling wine that is great because it is sweeter than most champagne(fancy name for sparkling wine) and less expensive. Don't be fooled this drink will sneak up on you. Served in a flute glass the club soda dilutes this drink a bit so you can enjoy two or three glasses without falling out of your chair.

2.  Moscow Mule

A lot of people drink poorly because they do not know what to order. They listen to songs or watch ads and when they go out they order what their favorite artist is currently promoting.

Luck for you, I am here to give you a few more options than rum and coke. Moscow mule is traditionally served in a copper mug to persevere the incredible flavors of lime and ginger beer and they honestly just look super cool. LOL . Perfect roof top or pool side drink I had a whole summer where this was all I ordered. The staple spirit is vodka but some classic mixologists may use gin. I always order mine with Tito's its delicious and creeps up on so you should sip and savor this spicy and unique beverage

3. White Wine Spritzer

My current and absolute favorite so very yummy, classy and will never leave you looking trashy. This is perfect to drink on a first date so you don't get hammered in front of your POF/Tinder boo. It is not expensive so you can order three or four with no worries and no hangover. I prefer to use Riesling or Chardonnay as my wine but you can use Pinot or whichever white wine you like but do not use red wine it will have you super sleepy and it doesn't get dark until like 8 pm in the summer so we can't have that. Order this today you won't regret it.

4.Mimosa

Summer 2016!!! My motto was ... A mimosa a day keeps the bitchy away... Who could be grumpy drinking champagne and orange juice all day? no one anywhere ever but Don't Be Basic be Bougie like me:) and mix it up. Replace the orange juice with passion fruit, pineapple or even grapefruit juice for a slight twist on the classic beverage and makes it feel like a whole new drink.  This is also a slow creeper so proceed with caution but again you will never feel like too tipsy with these drink options so enjoy yourself just don't over indulge.

5. Dark and Stormy

Ginger Beer is good for you and taste so good especially in the summer. Making this drink a top choice for a sassy and classy summer. Ask for extra limes and enjoy!

6. Mojito

Last but surely not least, this drink is my fav, because it is fresh light and comes in many flavors. If you want to skip the sugar taste just ask for it with no simple syrup and you can still enjoy this minty joyful drink on a hot summer evening. Keep in mind if its authentic it should come with  a sugar cane if not its just an imitation and I just don't have time for that kind of deceit. Most places don't stock it in their bar unless its the summer so enjoy while you can.

I hope you can try at least one if not all these delightful cocktails before the summer comes to an end. I honestly don't care what you drink ,so if you prefer whiskey or cognacs be my guest but these are my suggestions for those ladies who prefer things on the lighter side.

No comments:

Post a Comment